How To Take Screenshots on Mac (Apple MacBook and iMac)
Using a Mac OS PC or Laptop and want to take Screenshots on your Mac but don’t know how to take screenshots? Then, don’t worry we are here to help you. Apple MacBooks and iMacs are very popular nowadays. Similarly, Screenshots have also become very common and important for us in recent years and people frequently take screenshots on their devices. Today, we are going to tell you how to take screenshots on MacBook air and also in MacBook Pro.
Apart from this, we are also going to tell you how you can crop a screenshot in mac in the latter part of this article. At last, today we are going to give you Mac Screenshot Shortcuts also. So, if you are also a Mac user and you also want to know how to take screenshots on Mac, then you are requested to read the complete article below.
Take a Screenshot on Mac?
If you are also a Mac User or an Apple OS User, then you are at the right place. As you people know that it is very tricky to take screenshots on the Mac OS. Mac OS is a proprietary Software of Apple Inc. and whenever you buy any Apple PC or Laptop, you will get Mac OS installed on it. And You people very well know that now Screenshot part is quite confusing in the Mac as compared to the Windows OS. But you don’t need to worry about it because we are going to tell you a step-by-step procedure to take a screenshot. Not only in one method but we are going to provide you with a number of ways to take screenshots on your Mac.
Ways to Take Screenshots on Mac
If you are also a Mac user, then you must know this there are numerous ways by which you can take a screenshot on Mac. If you are also confused about various methods of taking screenshots in the Mac OS, then don’t worry. We are here going to help you in every possible manner and you can definitely rely on our website. As we always try to solve your every query for yourself on this website. Now, coming to the main topic, we are here going to tell you different ways by which you can actually take screenshots on Mac.
So, here are the ways by which you will be able to take Screenshot on Mac by the official Methods-
- Take a Screenshot of your Current Screen
- Capturing a Portion of the Screen
- Taking a Screenshot of a Window or Menu
After taking a Screenshot from any of the methods, you will definitely need to find the screenshot as an image for your usage. So, we are also going to tell you where you can easily find your Screenshots on Mac PC or Laptop. So, to know all this you are needed to read the complete article thoroughly.
Take a Screenshot of the Current Screen on a Mac
Now, if you are one who works on Mac Environment and want to click or take a screenshot in your Mac Os then you are at the right place. Here, we are going to tell you to step by step to take a proper screenshot using the keys of your keyboard. So, if you want to take a Screenshot of your entire Screen then you need to follow the steps as-
- To take a Screenshot on Mac, you need to Press and Hold the Shift+Command+3 keys together on your keyboard.
- Hold the Keys till you see the thumbnail of the Screenshot in the corner of your screen.
- If you want to edit the screenshot at that moment then you can definitely click on the thumbnail instantly. Otherwise, your Screenshot will be saved to the Desktop Automatically.
How to Capture a Portion of Screen in Mac
Now, you have learned how you can easily take a snapshot or screenshot on the Mac above. After this, there are times when you wish to capture some part or some portion of your Screen only. In that case, you will need to follow the given steps to capture a portion of the screen on a Mac. The Steps are as follows-
- First of all, you need to press and hold Shift+Command+4 Keys together on the Keyboard.
- After this, the cursor will take the form of a crosshair.
- With the help of the Crosshair, you need to select the desired screen area. You can move the crosshair with the help of the Spacebar Key.
- You need to press and hold the Spacebar key while dragging the Crosshair.
- In case, you want to discard the Screenshot you need to press the ESC key on the keyboard.
- To save the Screenshot, release the mouse or trackpad button of your Mac and once you see the Screenshot thumbnail in the corner of the screen, then your screenshot is saved on the desktop.
Take a Screenshot of a Window or Menu on a Mac
Here, last but not least. The last method of taking a screenshot on the Mac is taking the Screenshot of a Window or a Menu in Mac. There are times when you will be needed to take a Screenshot of a particular Window or menu, then in this case you can go for this method.
So, capturing the Window or Menu in Mac OS is easy and simple, if you follow the given below steps-
- Firstly, you need to open the window or the Program, which you want to capture as the screenshot on your Mac.
- Now, you will need to press and hold Shift+Command+4+ Space Bar Keys Together on the Keyboard.
- After this, you will notice that the Mouse Pointer has changed to Camera Icon. (In Case you want to abort the Operation and cancel the Screenshot, you will only need to press the ESC key Once).
- Now, click on the Window or Menu to capture it.
- Once you are done, you will see a thumbnail in the corner of the Screen. You can click over it to edit it or you can let it save over your desktop.
Where to Find Screenshots on Mac
Now, you have completely learned the different methods by which you can take screenshots on the Mac OS PC and Laptops. If you want to capture your Screen or want to take screenshots on your Mac then you are good to go now. However, you also need to know where you can easily locate the Screenshots on your PC/ Laptop. So we are going to help you with this now.
But before that, make sure that Your Mac has an updated version of Mac OS, if not keep it updated than the Mac OS Mojave or Higher. As you know that there is a built-in Screenshot App on Mac, from which you can change the location of the Saved Screenshot on your PC or Laptop. Nevertheless, you can also drag and drop the Thumbnail which appears on the screen corner, while you take any screenshot on your Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Snipping Tool to take screenshots on Mac?
No, you cannot use the Snipping tool on Mac, as the Snipping tool is limited to Windows PC only.
Can I Take Screenshots During Gameplay on Mac?
Yes, you can take Screenshots and Snapshots on your Mac using keyboard Shortcuts during gameplay.
How to Take Screenshot on Mac Easily?
If you want to capture your Mac Screen instantly then you can try pressing the Shift+Command+3 Keys together at once and your Screenshot will be saved to the Desktop.
In the above, we had given you complete information about how to take screenshots on Mac. If you are also using any Apple PC or Laptop, which you say as MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac then you must read the above article completely. We had briefed you about the different ways by which you can take screenshots on Mac. Not just this only, we had also provided you complete details related to screenshots in Mac like where to find the screenshot in Mac and many more. We hope that this article will be helpful for you. For More informative and technical topics-related content, Keep following us on our official website.